“An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.”
— Martin Luther King, Jr.
KICS For All is an extremely important VALUE that fosters diversity and an inclusive environment for all players. KICS proudly serves youth from a broad range of multicultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. We base our everyday decisions and efforts on the integrity of the needs of our players and community. We approach our work with open communication and accountability. We embrace our diverse community as part of our strength-based approach to create a culture of access and inclusion. We make a difference and effect change through intentional collaboration. We use just, inclusive and equitable practices focused on the needs of our players and community to foster positive social change. KICS is committed to welcoming more at-risk youth, international exchange players and girls to the sport of soccer through targeted programs such as Soccer for Success and our International Showcase.
KICS understanding the tangible benefits of embracing diversity in Sports—and life.
1. Variety of different perspectives. Diversity on the field ensures a variety of different perspectives, skills and experiences, which is highly beneficial when it comes to planning and executing team building.
2. Increased creativity. People with different backgrounds tend to have different experiences and thus different perspectives. Exposure to a variety of different perspectives and views leads to higher creativity.
3. Faster problem-solving. Studies show, diverse teams are able to solve problems faster than cognitively similar groups.
4. Better decision making. Researchers found that when diverse teams made a decision, they outperformed individual decision-makers up to 87% of the time.
5. Higher player engagement. When players feel included, they are more engaged. Fully engaged players result in more effective teamwork.
6. Reduced player turnover. Diversity is beneficial for player retention. Diversity and inclusion on the field cause all players to feel accepted and valued.